We want everybody to look good and presentable during the wedding. Wedding makeup is not just all about the bridal makeup or the bridesmaid’s makeup anymore. No one wants the groom looking too plain next to his beautiful bride, or the bride’s mother looking too old next to her gorgeous daughter, right? Learn how to apply wedding makeup for men and mature ladies with these helpful wedding makeup tips.
Wedding Makeup for Men
It is a fact that most men are afraid of makeup. The goal here is not to make them look effeminate but to accentuate their best facial features and hide their skin blemishes.
1. Apply a thin layer of foundation to even out their skin tone. Use liquid foundation on dry or normal skin and powder foundation on oily skin. Remember not to overdo the foundation as it may look unnatural on male clients.
2. Use concealers to hide their blemishes and dark under eye circles.
3. Brush their eyebrows. Do not cut or shave their eyebrows without their permission. For older men, gently darken their white eyebrows with a dark mascara.
4. Apply a lip balm.
5. Pigmented lipsticks and blush are not needed anymore.
Wedding Makeup for Mature Women
Applying makeup on mature skin can get a little tricky. The goal here is to give them a graceful look while hiding their fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and many others.
1. Use liquid foundations as powder foundations will end up emphasizing their wrinkles and dry skin. Mineral liquid foundations work best for maturing skin. The minerals found in them will surely nourish their dry and aging skin.
2. Use cream blushes for a more bedewed look.
3. Hide their saggy neck by applying a powder just below their chin.
4. Add definition to their fading eyebrows by filling in the eyebrows with a slightly darker shade.
5. Use a neutral eye shadow on their eyelids to soften their graying hair. Apply some mascara on their curled eyelashes to make their eye color pop. To give them a sophisticated look, you can line their eyes with eyeliner.
6. Moisturize their drying lips with the help of a lip balm.
7. Apply lipstick. Choose a shade which suits their skin tone best. Coral, peach, berry, and pink are the most recommended lipstick shades for older ladies.
8. Avoid sparkly makeup as this will make their wrinkles more obvious.
With these easy wedding makeup tips, expect your male clients and older clients to be very satisfied and happy with their makeup. Applying makeup for men and older women won’t be as difficult and awkward as before anymore.